3D Modelling, UVs, and Textures
- 3D modelling tools. Sophisticated 3D modelling tools help you create realistic-looking characters, props, and environments.
- Built-in sculpting tools. Brush-based sculpting tools let artists perform high-level sculpting on their models without having to export to a different tool.
- Revamped UV editor. The UV toolkit offers artist-friendly tools and functionality for quicker UV creation and editing.
- Shaders and materials. Create high-quality materials with intuitive tools, or work with Algorithmic Substance materials directly in the software.
- LOD tools for game model efficiency. Optimize content for mobile devices with a polygon reduction, data clean-up, blind data tagging, and level-of-detail tools.
- Physically based shader materials. Use ShaderFX to create high-quality physically based shader materials within Maya LT.
- Lighting and texture baking. Simulate realistic game lighting. Use global illumination tools to bake lighting data into texture maps or vertex maps.
- Modelling improvements. Quad draw, multicut, bevel, and symmetry enhancements make modelling more efficient.
3D Animation and Rigging
- 3D animation tools. Animate and rig characters and objects for your game
- Rigging tools. Build a control structure for your characters with automated rigging tools.
- Time editor. This non-destructive, clip-based nonlinear editor features an intuitive and familiar user interface for working with scene objects.
- Shape editor. The shape authoring tools give you more control to create, tweak, and correct animations in a detailed way.
- Graph editor. Edit animation keys using a powerful, intuitive editor.
- HumanIK-based Quick Rig tool. Automatically generate and place HumanIK rigs.
- Geodesic voxel binding. Bind modelled geometry to skeletons faster, often with just a few clicks.
- Bake Deformer tool. Bake complex rigs, containing multiple layers of skinning and deformers, down to a single skin cluster.
Indie Game Workflows
- Game Exporter tool. Customize and save export settings for model and animation data to keep 3D assets consistent for use in-engine.
- Send it to Mudbox. Export geometry to Mudbox digital painting and sculpting software to add model detail. Send texture and detail maps back to the model in Maya LT.
- MEL scripting. Simplify and customize your workflow with MEL scripting. (video: 1 min.)
- Send to Unity or Unreal. Maya LT includes direct export options for Unity and Unreal.
- Workspaces. Quickly switch between customized UI layouts or task-specific UI presets through a simple drop-down menu.
- Creative Market integration. Search, browse, and buy 3D content on the Creative Market directly from Maya LT.
- Viewport improvements. The viewport now supports displacement mapping and offers improved transparency, better shadow and shading support, and more.
Difference between Maya vs Maya LT